The crucial feature is that “the bush burnt, but the bush was not consumed” (verse 2).
Here are some ideas that the event suggests:
• The people of Israel may suffer but they will survive.
• God is with Israel even (or especially) in times of persecution.
• God chooses lowly things and humble people as His agents.
• There is no place devoid of the Divine Presence.
• Small things like a bush in the wilderness can carry a great message.
• Moses had defects like a stutter but he would be a successful leader.